BEFORE THE TERRORIST STRIKES IN PARIS
* France begins air strikes against the Islamic State in Iraq.
* Since then, France has reportedly bombed Iraq some 200 times.
* France starts bombing the Islamic State in Syria.
* According to The Atlantic, the “French military has been heavily involved in operations against Islamic militarist groups outside of the Middle East over the last few years…. France has deployed 3,000 troops to West Africa — a region where they’ve historically had great influence , as a colonial power and otherwise — with a presence in Nigeria, Niger, Chad, Burkina Faso, Mali, and Ivory Coast.”
BEFORE THE DOWNING OF THE RUSSIAN AIRLINER OVER SYRIA
* Russia initiates bombing campaign in Syria.
* Russia fights to preserve Syrian dictatorial regime of Bashar al-Assad.
BEFORE THE 9/11 TERRORIST ATTACKS IN NEW YORK AND WASHINGTON
*U.S. military intervenes in the Persian Gulf War against Iraq, killing countless Iraqis.
* U.S. military intentionally destroys Iraq’s water and sewage treatment plants with the aim of spreading infectious illnesses among the Iraqi people.
*U.S. government enforces brutal economic sanctions imposed on Iraq, including preventing repair of water and sewage treatment plants.
* U.S. Ambassador to the UN Madeline Albright: The killing of half-a-million Iraqi children from the sanctions has been “worth it.”
* U.S. military enforces no-fly zones over Iraq by killing more Iraqis.
* U.S. military stations troops near Islamic holy lands.
* U.S. government demands that Saddam Hussein give up his position as leader of Iraq.
* U.S. government continues financial and military support for the Israeli government.
* U.S. government continues financial and military support for Middle East dictatorships.
The people of a nation whose government engages in imperialism and interventionism will experience terrorist retaliation at the hands of people who are victimized by imperialism and interventionism. They will also end up losing their own freedom at the hands of their own government, which will adopt totalitarian measures to protect the people for terrorist retaliation. It’s just a fact of life.
If people want to live a life of peace, prosperity, harmony, and freedom, there is only one way to do that: Stop the imperialism and interventionism. There is no other way. More imperialism and interventionism to retaliate against retaliatory terrorism will only make the situation worse.