Here’s an important question for you: Why should you donate your hard-earned money to The Future of Freedom Foundation?
For 25 years, people have said to me, “Jacob, you need to be less radical, more moderate, and more compromising. That will make FFF more credible, respectable, and influential.”
Nonsense! Was it moderation and compromise that brought us such grand and glorious principles as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom of the press, the right to peaceably assemble, the right to keep and bear arms, habeas corpus, and due process of law? Was it moderation and compromise that brought mankind the Magna Carta, the Petition of Right, and the Declaration of Independence?
It has always been grand ideals and noble principles that have raised people’s visions to a higher level, lifting them up beyond their everyday problems and driving them toward winning their freedom.
Why should you help us here at FFF? Ralph Waldo Emerson provides the reason: Because nothing can give you peace but the triumph of your principles! You are a libertarian. Like us, you want to know what it’s like to live in a free society before you pass from this life.
More and more Americans are figuring out what the welfare-warfare state has done to our country — what the abandonment of the principles of liberty and fundamental rights in the Declaration of Independence has done to our nation.
That’s why an ever-increasing number of Americans, especially young people, are now self-identifying as libertarians.
That’s a big change from when I founded FFF in 1989, when being a libertarian was lonely. Yes, the state has grown in power and destructiveness over the past 25 years, but the libertarian movement has also grown in size and stature.
Indeed, FFF’s uncompromising libertarian op-eds are being published in mainstream newspapers across the country, such as Sheldon Richman’s recent op-ed “Stop Letting the Politicians Scare You into War,” which was published in the Chicago Sun-Times.
Equally important, our articles are getting posted on both progressive and conservative websites.
How powerful are truth and sound ideas on liberty? So powerful that totalitarian governments do their best to suppress them, as the communist regime in China is currently doing to pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong.
Tyrants and dictators know that no matter how bad the situation is, it can turn on a dime — especially when truth and ideas on liberty are sweeping across a nation and engendering a deep and profound knowledge of the principles of free markets and an insatiable thirst for individual liberty.
Is the situation here at home bad? We both know it is. Invasions, occupations, torture, indefinite detention, embargoes, sanctions, foreign aid, empire, militarized police, drug raids, asset forfeiture, infringements on civil liberties, IRS, income taxation, Federal Reserve, fiat money, welfare, minimum-wage laws, and economic regulations. The welfare-warfare state is destroying our freedom, morality, prosperity, and independence. We need to smash this immoral and destructive apparatus out of existence!
Every one of our programs here at FFF declares the uncompromising principle that every person has the unalienable right to be free:
- our Future of Freedom monthly journal of uncompromising essays on liberty, edited by Sheldon, which we have now been publishing for 25 years, and which includes Jim Bovard’s monthly column, which he has now been writing for 18 years;
- our FFF Daily email newsletter, consisting of 10 carefully selected libertarian articles, including hard-hitting columns by Laurence Vance, Wendy McElroy, Steve Horwitz, and Richard Ebeling, and my daily blog, which we send out six days a week;
- our op-ed program, by which our uncompromising perspectives on liberty are sent to mainstream newspapers across the land;
- our Economic Liberty Lecture Series at George Mason University, which we offer in conjunction with the student-run GMU Economics Society;
- The Libertarian Angle, our Internet Show with Sheldon and me that is now being featured on Ron Paul’s Voices of Liberty website;
- our seminars and conferences, including our mini-conferences, which we host at student libertarian conferences;
- our speeches and lectures, where we address all aspects of the libertarian philosophy;
- Sheldon’s weekly TGIF online column, now eight years old, which explores the deeper philosophical aspects of libertarianism;
- Sheldon’s monthly webinar, which is now featured on the Liberty.me website.
Why should you help us? Because you are helping us spread an uncompromising message of liberty, and that’s what will bring us closer to achieving a free society. I hope we have earned your generous support and big vote of confidence.
P.S. If you make a generous donation of $250 or more, you will become a member of our FFF Freedom Club and receive a video update from me every month on the uncompromising principles of liberty.